Updated on May 15th, 2020:
Otter Lake will be open for business starting June 1st, 2020.
Hours are as follows:
Monday 10am-6pm, Tuesday Through Friday 8am-4pm, closed weekends.
Please call Foothills or Lowville locations to schedule appointments
until Otter Lake officially opens on June 1st.
We ask that clients adhere to the implemented protocols of curb service that will minimize potential transmission of Covid-19.
Thank you for your support and understanding.
Countryside Veterinary Clinic: Covid-19 Prevention Strategy
The doctors and staff of Countryside Veterinary Clinic are committed to providing the highest level of care to out patients while working diligently to reduce the risk of exposure and potential transmission of COVID-19 virus among our employees and clients. To achieve this objective, we have significantly increased the frequency of cleaning in all areas of our hospitals, especially high traffic and high touch areas. We also have implemented several changes in accordance with recommendations by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) as outlined below. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we work together to lessen the impact of this pandemic on our community.
The following protocols will be in effect on June 1st, 2020 when Otter Lake Veterinary Clinic resumes business:
We feel it is extremely important to maintain appropriate social distance as much as possible. Our waiting rooms and exam rooms are small so we have developed the following strategies to ensure everyone's safety:
- Upon arrival at the clinic, we ask that you remain in your vehicle and call to alert the front desk that you have arrived and are ready to check in. Be prepared to give them a description of your vehicle as well as a phone number to reach you.
- Once ready, the technician will come to your vehicle to retrieve your pet, obtain necessary history and details of the visit and escort your pet to the exam room where the doctor will perform the examination and services while you remain in your vehicle. The doctor will make sure to call you after the examination is done and share the details of the visit.
- Payment arrangements will be made over the phone at conclusion of the visit. We would prefer to take a debit/credit card payments over the phone but will accommodate any form of payment.
- We will be providing curb side service for pet food and medication pick-ups; please call upon arrival to provide payment over the phone and a staff member will deliver product to your vehicle. It is always helpful to call ahead to place order for products so we can be ready for your arrival.
- We ask that clients wear masks when interacting with our staff.
If you are not feeling well or have traveled outside of the U.S. and your pet is coming in for a well visit, please call the office to reschedule after waiting the 14 day waiting period.
We will do our best to provide exemplary care for your pets during this hectic time. We are prepared to provide medical assistance over the phone when necessary. Veterinarians at our telehealth partner, MyPetDoc, are also available 24/7 to answer questions, triage medical cases and provide specific Covid-19 information at no charge. You can access MyPetDoc by texting the code CVC to 67076 or click the Pet Chat button on our website.
We will continue to provide updates through Facebook and website. If you have any questions, or concerns, please contact any one of our hospitals.
Together, as a community, we can get through this and look forward to less stressful days ahead.
Your Doctors and Staff