Updated on April 6th, 2020: Lowville and Carthage locations will be open 7 am to 6 pm. Carthage will be closed on Saturdays.
Foothills will continue with regular hours from 7am-5pm, closed on weekends.
In effort to consolidate staff and services as well as conserve medical supplies we are electing to close Otter Lake hospital until May 4th, 2020. Services will continue to be provided at our Lowville, Carthage and Boonville locations until further notice. We ask that clients adhere to the implemented protocols of curb service that will minimize potential transmission of Covid-19. Thank you for your support and understanding.
Countryside Veterinary Clinic: Covid-19 Prevention Strategy
The doctors and staff of Countryside Veterinary Clinic are committed to providing the highest level of care to our patients while working diligently to reduce the risk of exposure and potential transmission of Covid-19 virus among our employees and clients. To achieve this objective, we have significantly increased the frequency of cleaning in all areas of our hospitals, especially high traffic and high touch areas. We also need to implement several changes in accordance with recommendations by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) as outlined below. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we work together to lessen the impact of this pandemic on our community.
The following protocols will go into effect at each of our hospitals on Wednesday March 18, 2020:
We feel it is extremely important to maintain appropriate social distance as much as possible. Our waiting rooms and exam rooms are relatively small so we have developed the following strategies to ensure everyone’s safety:
- Upon arrival at the clinic, we ask that you remain in your vehicle and call to alert the front desk that you have arrived and are ready to check in. Be prepared to give them a description of your vehicle as well as a phone number to reach you.
- Once ready, the technician will come to your vehicle to retrieve your pet, obtain necessary history and details of the visit and escort your pet to the exam room where the doctor will perform the examination and services while you remain in your vehicle. The doctor will make sure to call you after examination is done and share the details of the visit.
- Payment arrangements will be made over the phone at conclusion of the visit. We would prefer to take debit/credit card payments over the phone but will accommodate any form of payment.
- We will be providing curb side service for pet food and medication pick-ups; please call upon arrival to provide payment over the phone and a staff member will deliver product to your vehicle. It is always helpful to call ahead to place order for products so we can be ready for your arrival.
- We are not able to perform non-essential services at this time including grooming, bathing, toe nail trims, etc. We are able to booster vaccines when needed to complete a series, complete a yearly health exam if Rabies vaccine is due, as well as all emergency or sick visits, among other services. Please call with any questions.
If you are not feeling well or have traveled outside of the U.S. and your pet is coming in for a well visit, please call the office to reschedule after waiting the 14 day waiting period.
We will do our best to provide exemplary care for your pets during this hectic time. We are prepared to provide medical assistance over the phone when necessary. Veterinarians at our telehealth partner, MyPetDoc, are also available 24/7 to answer questions, triage medical cases and provide specific Covid-19 information at no charge. You can access MyPetDoc by texting the code CVC to 67076 or click the Pet Chat button on our website.
We will continue to provide updates through Facebook and website. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact any one of our hospitals.
Together, as a community, we can get through this and look forward to less stressful days ahead.
Your Doctors and Staff