- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (or NSAID’s) are dispensed to treat pain and inflammation
- Some pets may be on them short term (for an acute injury), or long term (for chronic pain such as arthritis).
- Regular bloodwork is needed to dose medication properly and prevent side effects
- Pets receiving these medications MUST have blood work done to make sure that their liver and kidneys are healthy.
- There are very rare effects on the liver and kidneys that need to be screened
Is Your Pet Taking Metacam or Previcox?